Good Thursday everyone. We are about to undergo a major pattern change over the next few days that will take us into a crazy cold start to October. It’s a pattern that looks more like something you would see during the winter months than the first few days of October.
Winds are going to be a player later today into Friday and this will announce the arrival of the cold air. Your 5 day forecast goes a little something like this…
- Some morning clouds and a light shower may be noted across the east before we get in on some sunshine. Highs will warm into the 70s and afternoon/evening winds will gust to 20-25mph at times.
- These gusty winds will be ahead of a strong cold front that swings in overnight. A line of showers will be likely as temps drop into the 40s by morning.
- Winds for Friday may gust close to 30mph at times as a disturbance drops in late in the day into Friday evening. Temps will stay in the 50s in the north and low 60s in the south.
- Gusty showers should carry us into Friday night and may hang around into Saturday across the east. Saturday will start out in the upper 30s to low 40s with afternoon temps in the low and mid 50s.
- Sunday morning is going to be a cold one with the increasing potential for frost. Lows will bottom out in the low and mid 30s with the traditional cold spots even lower. Afternoon highs will be in the upper 50s to near 60.
- After another cold morning on Monday. Our temps will begin to moderate closer to normal into the first half of next week.
If you want to see how much this looks like a winter pattern… some snows will fly this weekend as close by as the West Virginia mountains. The NAM forecast model suggests some accumulations in the highest elevations…
That is pretty wild to see for so early in the season.
I will have another update on the wild weather coming later today. Have a great Thursday and take care.