Good Friday everyone and welcome to the weekend. We are closing the books on September today and saying a big hello to October. Mother nature appears confused and is trying to skip ahead to November. I don’t remember getting that memo from her.
A cold front moved through overnight with a gusty band of showers and thundershowers. The air behind this front is the coldest of the young fall season and is among the colder shots you will ever see this early.
Your 5 Day Forecast
– Today starts out with partly sunny skies and temps in the upper 40s to low 50s. Highs top out in the upper 50s north to low 60s south.. Clouds will then increase this afternoon with some showers moving in from north to south. These will continue into the evening for high school football fans.
– Winds today will continue to be crank up with gusts to 30mph.
– These showers will then continue into the first half of Saturday with the highest chance in the east. High temps will range from 50-55.
– The fist snowflakes of the season will be possible later tonight and early Saturday in the HIGHEST mountains of southeastern Kentucky. Wow!
– FROST LIKELY Sunday morning. Temps will hit the low to mid 30s with the colder spots dipping into the upper 20s. The rest of Sunday looks good as temps top out into the upper 50s.
– Indian Summer is on tap for next week as the 70s return by the middle of the week.
Be sure to check back for updates later today and through the weekend. Have a great Friday and take care.