Good Saturday everyone. Our Labor Day weekend is off and running on a tropical note as the remnants of Isaac begin to take hold of our weather. The soupy atmosphere will lead to rounds of showers and thunderstorms over the next few days and the rain totals may really add up.
What’s left of Isaac continues to spin across Missouri today, but will begin to slowly work eastward Sunday and Monday. Let’s break it down:
- Spiralling bands of showers and storms will increase today and continue into the overnight. Locally heavy downpours will be likely.
- The action becomes more widespread as we head into Sunday as Isaac’s remnants work closer. The boomers will then continue into Labor Day.
- Rainfall totals from now through Monday will likely average between one and three inches for many. Locally higher totals will be possible for areas getting in on repeat storms.
- Localized flash flooding is a possibility.
- This is not a wall to wall weekend rainfall. We will have some dry periods thrown in between the rounds of storms.
Here’s your daily dose of trackers:
Rainfall Since Midnight
I will have updates as needed. Have a wonderful Saturday and take care.