Good Thursday and welcome to a wild day of weather across our part of the world. A powerhouse storm is working toward the Great Lakes today, and this will cause our weather to go from wet and windy to white and windy.
Let’s break it all down.
-Showers and storms will be likely. Locally, heavy rain will be noted.
- Winds will gust from 40 to 50 mph at times this afternoon.
- A cold front moves through this afternoon, with temps dropping from the 50s to the 30s as the front passes.
- Snow showers and squalls move in.
- Light accumulations are likely.
- Winds will continue to gust from 40 to 50 mph.
- Temps will fall to about 20 degrees by morning.
- Snow showers and squalls are likely to continue.
- Slick travel is likely early in the day.
- Winds will continue to gust to 40 mph at times.
- The wind chill will drop into the single digits.
Here’s my latest thinking on the light snow accumulations:
Here’s regional radar to track all the action:
I will have updates as needed later today. Have a good day and take care.