Good Friday evening. The snow showers and squalls are finally winding down across eastern Kentucky. Those bad boys dropped anywhere from a coating to as much as 5″ in parts of the east. So what happens from this point? Let’s break it down:
- Watch for black ice tonight and Saturday morning.
- Partly sunny skies return for Saturday with temps in the low and mid 30s.
- The next system moves in late Sunday with some chilly showers.
- It may get just cold enough for a few flakes of snow to mix in with the rain on Christmas Eve.
- A winter storm will take aim at Kentucky Christmas night into Wednesday. This may have a MAJOR impact on our weather.
I will track that storm with an update later tonight. Stay warm and take care.