Merry Christmas to one and all. I continue to keep close watch on a developing winter storm that will bring some wild weather to the bluegrass state. A Blizzard Warning continues for areas of western Ky where up to a foot of snow may fall.
What about central and eastern Kentucky?
- Rain moves northward this evening. Temps across the northern half of the state will be cold enough for a mix to develop. Sleet, rain and snow will be likely later tonight from Interstate 64 and north. I expect some slick spots to develop.
- Most areas (outside of western Ky )switch over the a cold rain Wednesday morning. The wild card will be that Covington to Louisville corridor.
- The snow line will work rapidly eastward during the afternoon. It will be snowing across the entire state by early Wednesday evening and there could be a secondary swath of moderate snow developing in central Ky.
- Snow showers and squalls will then take over Wednesday night and Thursday morning for central and eastern Kentucky. Roads should become slick in these areas.
- Snow totals across central and eastern parts of the state will range from a coating to 3″.
- Winds will gust to near 40mph at times later Tonight through early Thursday.
I will have a full update coming your way later tonight. Merry Christmas and take care.