Good Wednesday to one and all. A major winter storm is working across the Bluegrass State today and will bring another round of wild weather. Rain, snow and wind will make for a nasty day for holiday travelers.
Let’s break down what to expect:
- A blizzard is hitting western parts of the state with as much as a foot of snow and winds of 40 mph.
- A cold rain and mix will be expected across Central and Eastern Kentucky for much of Wednesday. It will gradually change to snow from west to east this afternoon and evening as temps drop below freezing.
- Snow totals will vary from a coating to as much as 3 inches for some areas. We will have to wait and see exactly where the heavier bands of snow set up this evening.
- Snow showers and flurries will carry us overnight into early Thursday. This is when we are likely to see some slick spots on area roads.
- Winds today and tonight will gust close to 40 mph at times.
Here are your tracking tools:
I-24 MP 4 @ US 60 Paducah
I-24 MP 7 @ US 62 Paducah
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike Near Covington
I-71/I-75 at 12th St. Covington
I will have updates coming your way as needed. Have a great day and take care.