Happy Halloween, everyone. We have a very active weather day taking shape across Kentucky. High winds, torrential rain and the possibility of strong and severe thunderstorms will be with us into tonight. This could make for some very nasty weather for a lot of folks.
Here’s a breakdown of the situation…
– Scattered showers and thunderstorms will be with us early today… mainly in central and western Kentucky.
– A round of strong or severe storms may develop across western Kentucky early this afternoon and then roll northeastward into the early evening.
– A separate line of showers and severe storms will form along and ahead of the cold front and sweep eastward into the late evening and overnight hours.
– High winds will be with us regardless of thunderstorms. 40-50mph gusts will be likely and will be higher with storms.
– There is the potential for a quick tornado spin up across central and western areas.
– Torrential rainfall of 1″-2″ will be possible for many areas by Friday morning.
Here are the tracking toys of the day…
I will have updates as needed. My twitter feed on the right side of the page will have rapid fire information on watches and warnings.
Stay safe and take care.