Good Saturday afternoon. I continue to monitor the potential for a severe weather outbreak for Sunday into Sunday night. The latest from the Storm Prediction Center shows the greatest risk on top of us and points north:
Here’s a breakdown of what may happen on Sunday:
- Showers and thunderstorms will be around to start the day. A few of these may be strong.
- This action will move out by early afternoon as our skies try to clear out for a bit.
- A powerful cold front will approach our region from the west by early Sunday evening. This will have a line of damaging wind producing thunderstorms along and ahead of it.
- Here’s the simulated forecast from the NAM:
- We will need to keep a close eye on any storms developing ahead of this line. Those may have enough spin with them to produce a tornado spin up or two.
I will have updates as needed. Take care.