Good Saturday, folks. More winter weather is rolling across central and eastern Kentucky today. A nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain, snow and rain will make for difficult travel conditions for much of our region.
Before we get to the tracking tools, here are some of the headlines for the day:
- All areas will get in on wintry weather, at least at the start. Southern areas will go over to rain fairly early in the day. That rain line creeps northward into the afternoon and evening.
- There’s some indication of this trying to be more of a snow maker across the northern half of the state. That will be interesting to watch.
- Areas that do start as snow will go over to sleet and freezing rain for a while. Rain will try to take over by the end of the day.
- With colder air in place and a colder road temp… travel will be greatly impacted by whatever falls.
- The rain across southeastern Kentucky will be locally heavy through Monday and could create additional high water problems.
- Whatever is falling on Monday will go back over to a light wintry mix of a touch of snow from west to east.
- Many models have been going back and forth on how much of a wave develops Monday night into early Tuesday.
Let’s get to tracking the nasty weather of today:
I-75 @ Winchester Road
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South
Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127
US 127 @ Frankfort
I-75 at MP 36
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike
I-64 @ 3rd St. Exit
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway
I-65 @ 234
Near Bowling Green
I-24 MP 4 @ US 60
I-24 MP 7 @ US 62
I will update as needed. Make it a good day and take care.