Good Friday afternoon. We have a HIGH impact storm taking aim at our region late tonight into Saturday. Snow and high winds will combine to cause near blizzard conditions and horrible roads. Here’s a breakdown…
– Snow moves in from the northwest tonight. It will be snowing everywhere by daybreak. – With a frozen ground… it won’ t take long for roads to become snow covered and dangerous.
– Winds will gust to 35-40mph at times and this will create near blizzard conditions at times.
– I do NOT recommend travelling late tonight into the first half of Saturday. This is the type of setup that can cause traffic nightmares and even brief road closures.
– I have made some adjustments to my snowfall forecast…
– Locally higher amounts will be possible. It should be noted that won’t really matter if you get 1″ or 6″ of snow… the impact to travel will be similar.
– This will be followed up by ANOTHER below zero night! Please spread the word… this is a HIGH IMPACT EVENT!