Good Saturday, everyone. We have a nasty weather day on tap for central and eastern Kentucky. Snow and high winds will combine to make for dangerous travel in many areas… especially early today.
Here’s a breakdown:
– A band of heavy snow works across the area early this morning. Roads will become snow covered very quickly.
– Winds will gust to 40mph or a little better. That will create blowing snow and whiteout conditions at times.
– The snow will become lighter by late morning then increase again as another arctic front swings in during the afternoon.
– Snow totals will run from 1″-6″ across our region with the highest totals in central and northern areas.
– Temps will drop into the single digits this evening and then head toward 0 or a bit below by Sunday morning.
I have you all set to track today’s snow and wind:
I-75 @ Winchester Road Lexington
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike Lexington
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 127 @ Frankfort Frankfort
I-75 at MP 36 London
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike Near Covington
I-64 @ 3rd St. Exit Louisville
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway Louisville
Stay safe and take care.