Good Wednesday and welcome to a wild weather day. We have a major change blowing in today and this will lead to all kinds of weather packed into a few hours. Our short-lived taste of spring comes to a crashing end as we go back toward a colder than normal pattern.
Here’s a breakdown of the day:
– Temps will start the day in the upper 50s and low 60s with showers and a few thunderstorms working through.
– A storm system rolls through the state and temps crash behind it. Readings will drop 30 degrees in about one hour as the front swings through.
– Afternoon temps will fall into the 30s and keep falling into the mid and upper 20s by early evening.
– Winds will be gusty and could top 40mph at times.
– As the cold moves in, a band of light snow will develop with snow showers into the evening. A light accumulation will be possible.
– Temps tonight will drop into the low and mid teens.
– Wind chill readings will make it feel near 0 at times.
– Highs Thursday will hit the mid and upper 30s with a mostly sunny sky.
I have you all set to track today’s crazy conditions. Let’s get after it:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road Lexington
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike Lexington
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 127 @ Frankfort Frankfort
View of Downtown
I-75 at MP 36 London
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike Near Covington
I-71/I-75 at Mt. Zion Rd.
I-64 @ 3rd St. Exit Louisville
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway Louisville
Enjoy the day and take care.