Good Tuesday, everyone. Old Man Winter continues to do his thing across the bluegrass state. Another healthy shot of cold and snow is rolling across the state today and is causing a few travel issues.
Here’s how things look to play out:
– Rounds of light snow and snow showers will work across the region through this evening.
– Light accumulations of around 1″ will be possible. Locally higher amounts may occur in the heavier snow showers… especially on grassy surfaces.
– While road temperatures are above freezing, it may come down hard enough for some slick spots to develop.
– Winds today will be very gusty and will make the 30s feel like teens at times.
– Speaking of teens… that’s where our lows should wind up by Wednesday morning. 14 is the record low for Lexington and we have an outside shot at reaching that number.
We will warm it up by the end of the week as temps head closer to 60. Unfortunately, a cold front will bring showers and thunderstorms our way. Milder weather continues to look likely as we head into next week.
I have you all set to track today’s blast of winter weather:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio Lexington
I-75 @ Winchester Road Lexington
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike Lexington
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 127 @ Frankfort Frankfort
View of Downtown Cynthiana
I-75 at MP 36 London
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike Near Covington
I-71/I-75 at Mt. Zion Rd. Near Covington
I-64 @ 3rd St. Exit Louisville
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway Louisville
Have a great day and take care.