Good Saturday and Happy Valentine’s Day. If you’re a lover of cold and snow, you’re in luck. We have some nasty winter weather rolling into the bluegrass state today, and this will carry us through the rest of the weekend.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
– Temps spike ahead of the arctic front early today.
– That slams in here from northwest to southeast during the afternoon and evening.
– Wind gusts of 35mph to 40mph will be possible.
– A band of heavy snow showers and squalls will accompany those gusty winds and that will create some ugly travel conditions. Blowing snow is a good bet.
– Temps crash into the single digits and low teens this evening with wind chills going well below zero and holding there into Sunday morning. That’s when actual temps have a shot at hitting zero or a little below. The models are close…
I have you all set to do some tracking:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road Lexington
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 60 @ US 460
I-75 MP 127
I-64 MP 97
I-275 approaching KY 20/Airport
Bluegrass Parkway Bardstown
I-75 at MP 36
I-75 at MP 23
I will have updates as needed. Take care.