Good Thursday, folks. We’ve been yapping about a major change blowing into town, and Thursday is the day it happens. A strong cold front is rolling across the commonwealth and bringing a huge temperature drop to go with some showers and thunderstorms.
Old Man Winter even tries to get in behind the front. Let’s break it all down:
– Temps will start the day well into the 60s across the eastern half of the state, with a high of 70 possible.
– Those numbers crash through the 40s by late afternoon as winds continue to crank up. Gusts Thursday might reach 35 to 40 mph as the front moves in.
– The cold really settles in Thursday night and Friday with a chance of a few snowflakes. Highs on Friday will range from the mid-40s in the south and west to about 40 in the north and northeast.
– That air grows even colder by Saturday, with lows in the upper teens and low 20s. Highs will struggle into the upper 30s and low 40s.
– Sunday looks windy, with highs in the 50s again, ahead of another cold front that brings some showers and chillier air for Monday.
– The weather next week should slowly moderate, and we could see highs near 70 again by the middle of the week. That should come with a price, with showers and storms increasing shortly thereafter.
I have you all set to track the weather out there Thursday:
Make it a terrific Thursday and take care.