Good Wednesday, everyone. We have a strong cold front getting ready to push across Central and Eastern Kentucky over the next few days. This front will bring additional rounds of strong thunderstorms and, eventually, some much better air.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
– Temps Wednesday will be super steamy, with highs close to 90 in many areas. High humidity will make it feel hotter.
– Scattered storms will occur early in the day and then increase from there.
– Torrential rainfall and a ton of lightning will accompany any storm that develops. Some of the storms might also produce wind gusts of 45 mph.
– With so much moisture available for these storms, flash flooding is a real possibility on a local scale.
– The front moves through early Thursday, with temps and humidity coming down. Highs should generally range from the low to middle 80s. There could still be a storm or two early in the day.
– We send July out on a nice note, with highs Friday in the low and middle 80s under mostly sunny skies. August should begin on a similar note.
– Additional cold fronts will move through next week, and that means some additional shots of pleasant temps will be a good bet.
Let’s get back to tracking the storms we have out there Wednesday:
Have a great day and take care.