Good Wednesday, folks. We have a potent storm system passing right on top of the Bluegrass State, and it’s bringing some nasty weather changes. The day starts on a spring note and ends with winter surging back in.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Heavy rain and thunder starts the day. Locally heavy rains could cause high-water problems.
- Highs through noon will be in the upper 50s and low 60s.
- Much colder air pushes into the region during the afternoon. Temps by early evening drop into the upper 30s and low 40s.
- Rain changes to snow in the evening as temps quickly drop close to the freezing mark.
- Wet snows continue into Thursday, with light accumulations a good bet. Highs will be only in the low 30s in many areas.
- Winds through Thursday will be very gusty and could top 40 mph at times.
I have you all set to track Wednesday’s wild weather:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South
Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 60 @ US 460
US 60 @ Chenault Road
I-75 MP 127
I-64 MP 97
Mountain Parkway near Slade
I-71/I-75 at I-275
I-275 at Mineola Pike
I-275 approaching KY 20/Airport
Bluegrass Parkway Bardstown
I-65 MP 32
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway
I-64 @ I-264
I-264 @ Freedom Way
Near Louisville International Airport
I-75 at MP 36
I-75 at MP 23
Enjoy the day and take care.