Good Thursday, folks. Rounds of showers and thunderstorms keep working across the Bluegrass State. These storms are packing a ton of lightning and very heavy rainfall, leading to a flash-flood threat.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the potential:
- The amount of moisture available in the atmosphere is off the charts. This will only add to the amount of rainfall these storms can produce.
- Radars will underestimate the totals in a situation like this.
- The storms will come at us in waves Thursday, and flash-flooding is a very real threat.
- If you live in a low-lying or flood-prone area, please keep a very close eye on water levels.
- Rainfall amounts might average 1 to 3 inches, with higher amounts.
Here are the tracking tools for the day:
Have a great day and take care.