Good Saturday and welcome to the final weekend of August. Mother nature is bringing the heat to the Bluegrass State. This air will continue to be rather tropical feeling and could produce some scattered storms.
Here’s a breakdown:
- The most impressive heat of the summer has engulfed the Bluegrass State in the final days of August.
- I continue to see signs that this pattern might hold into the early part of September, but a lot of that hinges on the tropics.
- Highs Saturday and Sunday will range from 90 to 95 degrees, with a hit index flirting with 100 degrees at times.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue to increase, with the greatest coverage across the western half of the state.
- This is where the models continue to put down some pretty substantial rain totals into the middle of next week:
I leave you with your friendly weather tracking tools for the day:
Have a great day and take care.