Good Sunday, everyone. We have a blast of winter rolling across the region today. This will put down some light snow across much of central and eastern Kentucky. Slick road conditions are possible into Monday.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Snow showers and flurries will be around early today, especially across the southeast.
- A disturbance pushing in here this afternoon and evening will kick off periods of light snow.
- Some heavier bands of snow squalls will show up within the overall area of lighter snows.
- The heavier snow squalls can reduce visibility to near zero at times with very gusty winds.
- Snow accumulations will be heavier the farther southeast you get. Here’s a rough look at what may fall through Monday morning:
Given the setup, you can expect some holes in the snow map, where some areas come in under the forecast. On the flipside, a few spots may also go just above the forecast.
I have you all set to track the action:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South
Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 60 @ US 460
I-64 MP 97
Mountain Parkway near Slade
I-275 at Mineola Pike
I-275 approaching KY 20/Airport
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway
I-64 @ I-264
I-264 @ Freedom Way
Near Louisville International Airport
I-75 at MP 36
I-75 at MP 23
Natcher Parkway MP 5
Near Bowling Green
Make it a great day and take care.