Good Monday, folks. Our week is starting off on a warm and stormy note across this part of the world. Showers and storms in the afternoon and evening will bring the threat of severe weather into Central and Eastern Kentucky.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- Severe thunderstorms develop across the west late in the morning into early afternoon.
- Those storms will then race northeastward in the afternoon and evening, affecting the weather across Central Kentucky.
- Damaging winds and large hail will be the main severe-weather players.
- A tornado or two can’t be ruled out in this setup.
- The severe weather threat across eastern parts of the state is much lower than what we have in the central and west.
Storms will then roll out of town early Tuesday, with mild air continuing.
The setup for the end of the week could bring another round of strong to severe thunderstorms our way.
Overall, this has the look of a very stormy spring across Central and Eastern Kentucky.
Here are your severe weather tracking tools for the day:
Make it a great day and take care.