Good Sunday to one and all. Powerful Hurricane Irma is bringing devastation to Florida, as the historic storm comes ashore. This system may impact our weather as early as Monday night.
Here are a few thoughts to kick things off:
- The remnants of Irma will work into the region by Tuesday and hang around for a few days.
- Rounds of showers and thunderstorms begin Monday night and should carry us through the rest of the week.
- Heavy rains will be possible, but this shouldn’t produce nearly as max totals as Harvey did here. Still, we will need to be on guard for some local high water issues.
- Winds will be rather gusty and may reach 40mph at times on Tuesday, especially across the southern parts of the state.
- Hurricane Jose looks to patiently wait behind Irma and may threaten the east coast next weekend.
Here are all the Hurricane Irma tools you need for the day:
Make it a great day and take care.