Good Sunday to one and all. We have a very busy few days ahead of us as what’s left of Hurricane Nate moves into Kentucky. This will bring very heavy rain across the region through early Monday.
Here are the headlines:
- Rounds of heavy rain and thunderstorms will be ongoing across the region today, well ahead of Nate.
- The tropical moisture hooking up with a stalled front can produce enough rain to cause local high water issues.
- Nate arrives in Kentucky overnight and will likely be a Tropical Depression as it moves in.
- Heavy rainfall will accompany Nate into early Monday.
- Rainfall totals of 1″-5″ will be likely through Monday. This may be enough to cause some, at least, local flash flood issues.
- The rain will end by Monday afternoon, but another system brings thunderstorms back in here by Tuesday.
I have you all set to track our very active weather day:
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 60 @ US 460
Mountain Parkway near Slade
I-71/I-75 at I-275
I-275 approaching KY 20/Airport
I-65 MP 32
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway
I-64 @ I-264
Make it a great Sunday and take care.