Good Saturday to one and all. A powerful storm system is crossing into the Ohio Valley today, bringing high winds and thunderstorms. This system will also bring a touch of winter behind it for Sunday.
Here’s a breakdown of how the weekend unfolds:
- Winds today will gust to 40-5mph at times. Those gusts may be even higher along and just ahead of the front this afternoon.
- A line of strong thunderstorms impacts the region this afternoon and early evening. Those have a chance to go severe, with damaging winds the primary threat.
- Temps today hit the low and middle 60s ahead of the front.
- As the front sweeps through this evening, temps drop through the 40s and into the 30s.
- A few snowflakes may mix in with the departing rains later tonight.
- Sunday will be very windy and cold with a few flurries around. Highs will only be in the 30s, but wind chill numbers are in the 20s all day long.
I have you all set to track the action:
Make it a great Saturday and take care.