Good Saturday and Happy Kentucky Derby Day. Rounds of heavy rain continue to target much of the region today, and may end up causing some local high water issues. This action is happening along a stalled out front right on top of us.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what to expect:.
- Out cold front slows down and stalls over top of the state early this morning, with the wave of low pressure developing and rolling on top of us.
- Rounds of heavy rain and thunderstorms move in from southwest to northeast through our big Derby Day.
- Churchill Downs will be on the western edge of the rain shield, but could still get in on some soggy stuff for a while.
- The heaviest rains should target areas from south-central Kentucky into the central and eastern parts of the state.
- That shows up well on the latest model rain forecasts:
Another round of thunderstorms will follow that up by later Sunday, with cool air moving in for Monday. Rounds of strong storms appear to be a good bet later next week.
Here are your tracking tools for the day:
Make it a great Derby Day and take care.