Good Sunday to one and all. What’s left of Florence is slowly rolling into Kentucky today and this system is actually arriving as a Tropical Depression. Gusty winds and heavy rains will accompany this system through Monday.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- Florence moves from south to north across the eastern half of Kentucky later Sunday into early Monday.
- Given the relatively fast movement of this system, it shouldn’t be able to come close to rain totals from last weekend.
- A general 1″-3″ of rain is possible across central and eastern Kentucky with locally higher amounts. Some areas of the west may not see very much rain, if any. Here’s a rough outline:
- Given the recent rains, local high water issues may develop across the east.
- Winds will be fairly gusty as this system moves through. Gusts of 30-40mph will be possible Sunday and Sunday night. A few gusts can top out near 45mph.
I have you all set to track Tropical Depression Florence across the bluegrass state:
Make it a great Sunday and take care.