Good Tuesday, everyone. We have one more nice day before things go downhill quickly for Wednesday and Halloween. That’s when another big storm system rolls in here, bringing heavy rain and gusty winds. This may cause issues for trick or treating hours.
Before we get to all that, the weather is pretty nice today as highs reach the low 70s for many. Skies will be partly to mostly sunny, but clouds will filter in later in the day.
Here’s a breakdown of how this next storm system looks to play out:
- An arctic front is stalling just to our west and this will keep us in moist southwest flow ahead of it.
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms roll in on Wednesday and continue through Thursday as a few waves of low pressure move through.
- The main low works right on top of us Halloween
- Heavy rainfall of 1″-3″ will be possible across the entire state.
- Wind gusts of greater than 30mph-40mph will be likely.
- A few strong to severe storms are also possible starting Wednesday afternoon.
- Temps crash from west to east on Halloween. We may be in the 60s during the morning with the 30s showing up by evening.
- Can that drop catch the back edge of the rain and spit out a flake or two? The odds are against it, but stranger things have happened. I think there’s a better chance for some flakes north of the Ohio River.
Since finally catching on several days ago, the GFS has been very consistent with how it handles our storm and other models have been trending toward it: