Good Wednesday, folks. Rounds of showers and thunderstorms are developing today as our big Halloween storm system moves in. This storm will bring some pretty wild weather as we head into the big day.
Here’s a little breakdown of what to expect:
- Rounds of rain and a few thunderstorms roll in on today and continue through Thursday as a few waves of low pressure move through.
- The main low works right on top of us Halloween
- Heavy rainfall of 1″-3″ will be possible in some areas.
- Wind gusts of greater than 30mph will be likely.
- A few strong storms are also possible this afternoon.
- Temps crash from west to east on Halloween. We will be in the 60s during the morning with the 30s by late afternoon and early evening. Check out the temp trend from 8am Thursday through 11pm Thursday evening:
- Wind chill temps will be even colder and absolutely frigid for this time of year:There continues to be a small chance for the cold air to catch the back edge of the departing rain shield by Halloween evening. That could bring a few flakes of snow mixing in with the rain across central and eastern Kentucky. The Hi Res NAM continues to see a couple of flakes:
Here are your Wednesday storm tracking toys:
Have a great day and take care.