Good Thursday, everyone. We have one more calm day before we get into a pretty wild looking setup to start the weekend. That’s when a potent storm system moves our way, likely causing some issues as it moves through.
Here are my updated thoughts:
- Rounds of showers and storms then work in from late Friday through Saturday night, bringing a flood and flash flood risk.
- The greatest high water risk continues to be across western and parts of central Kentucky.
- A few strong to severe storms will be possible on Saturday.
- High winds of greater than 50mph will be possible Saturday and Saturday night.
- Near record high temps are possible on Saturday, especially across eastern Kentucky. That’s where temps can reach 70-75.
The winds are likely to be a major issue with this setup. Gusts of 40mph or higher are possible Friday:
Here’s the Severe Weather Outlook for Friday:
The Saturday Severe Weather Outlook focuses the threat farther east:
Have a great Thursday and take care.