Good Saturday, everyone. We continue to watch a potent storm system rolling across the region, bringing high winds and the potential for severe storms. The greatest risk for severe weather rolls in during the afternoon and evening.
Here’s a quick recap:
- High winds will top 50mph at times and could reach 60mph or greater as storms move in.
- Strong to severe storms will be possible this afternoon and evening as a line moves from west to east.
- Damaging thunderstorm winds are the main threat, but I can’t rule out a quick tornado spin-up.
- These storms may also bring a quick inch or two of rain to cause local high water issues.
- Ahead of the storms, record highs will fall. Temps top out between 70 and 75 degrees, making this one of the warmest days on record for January.
I have you all set to do some Saturday storm tracking:
Possible Watch Areas
Have a great day and take care.