Good Sunday to one and all. It’s a very warm and windy day across our part of the world, but a cold front is sliding in from the northwest. This will bring the potential for some strong storms by this evening with cooler and unsettled weather in the days ahead.
Let’s break down the forecast for the week ahead:
- Temps today will generally range from 80-85 on a strong southwest wind. That wind could touch off a scattered storm into the afternoon.
- A cold front enters the picture later tonight, bringing the potential for a line of storms along and ahead of it.
- As the front moves through early Monday, temps drop to the upper 60s and low 70s.
- A big upper level low will then spin in behind this late Monday and stick around for a few days. That keeps the threat for a few showers going into the middle of next week.
- That same upper low will also knock our temps way down during this time.
- It still looks like a very warm setup from late next week into Memorial Day Weekend. Temps should be well into the 80s. As usual, a few thunderstorms may also enter the mix.
I leave you with all the tools you need to track your Sunday fun day thunderstorm action:
Possible Watch Areas
Have a great Sunday and take care.