Good Sunday, folks. May is wrapping up on an absolutely awesome weather note out there today and this rolls into early June. Enjoy this weather gravy train because things will flip back to steamy and stormy by the middle of next week.
Let’s get this weather party started with the weather headlines for the week ahead:
- Temps today into Monday are very similar with highs in the upper 60s to low 70s show up. Lows by Monday morning are into the pleasant 40s to begin the month of June.
- Temps begin to climb on Tuesday, but we keep the weather dry.
- The numbers surge deep into the 80s for Wednesday as humidity levels climb into the uncomfortable level.
- A cold front approaches from the north by Thursday, bringing the potential for thunderstorms back in here.
- As the front slows down, rounds of storms may also show up from Friday into next weekend.
- We will be on the cusp of some real heat building across the plains during this time.
If we look much longer down the road, the European Weeklies go through the middle of July and now show a pretty toasty setup for most of the country:
Notice how it’s also showing a very dry look at the same time:
That would be the driest stretch of weather since last September, but you should also take that with a grain of salt. That’s especially true given the potential for tropical systems in the Gulf of Mexico.
Have a great day and take care.