Good Sunday, folks. We have a lot of steam showing up for our Father’s Day and this takes us into Monday before big changes show back up. As we make the transition to much cooler temps, showers and thunderstorms become much more common.
Highs today range from 85-90 in most of the area. Humidity levels will make it feel warmer than that. If you’re planning a cookout this afternoon or evening, a few thunderstorms will be on the move. Here are your Father’s Day trackers:
The week ahead goes a little something like this:
- Showers and thunderstorms will increase Monday and Tuesday as a cold front slowly works toward the region from the west.
- A few of the storms may be strong and will put down very heavy rains. Local high water issues will be possible.
- As the front moves through early Wednesday, showers and storms will wind down and the temps will fall.
- Highs for Wednesday and Thursday may not get out of the 70s for much of the region.
- By Friday, we may see a few more showers and storms rumble back into the region.
The overall pattern looks stormier than normal for the rest of the month and into early July. That should bring us above normal precipitation during this time.
Have a great Sunday and take care.