Good Sunday to one and all. We are finally breaking the pattern of repeat torrential rain producing storms, but that doesn’t mean we are finished with the threat for storms. As we head into the first full week of the month, a few storms show up as our temps run cooler than normal.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- A storm or two will be noted today as temps reach the upper 70s to low 80s.
- Another system drops in later Monday with a bit of an increase in showers and storms. That would take us into Tuesday.
- The overall pattern continues to show a dip in the jet stream across our part of the world through the week ahead.
- That means high temps range from the upper 70s to middle 80s with lows mainly in the 60s. For perspective, normal highs right now are 85-90 degrees.
- We may still see a stray shower or storm at any point in the week ahead.
Hurricane Isaias continues to work northward along the southeastern coast. Here’s the latest from the National Hurricane Center:
That will not have a direct impact on the weather here in Kentucky.
I leave you with your Sunday weather tracking tools:
Have a great end of the weekend and take care.