Good Sunday, folks. Temps are back to normal out there today as humidity levels start to rise. This is a sign of things to come for the week ahead as a more typical August air mass settles into Kentucky. This will also mean a big increase in the thunderstorm potential.
As usual, let us kick things off with what’s happening out there today. Highs are back into the mid and a few upper 80s, which is normal for this time of year. Humidity levels inch up, too. There’s even a small risk for a late day shower or storm going up.
Here are your Sunday isolated storm tracking tools:
Here’s the breakdown of the week ahead:
- Temps are generally in the mid and upper 80s for afternoon highs with lows in the upper 60s. Both of those are near normal for the second week of August.
- Humidity levels are also way up, so it will feel a bit on the muggy side.
- Rounds of showers and storms will target the region from the northwest during this time. A few of the storms may be on the strong side.
- It’s also a setup that can deliver some healthy rain amounts. Given the amount of moisture available, we may see some local high water issues show up at some point.
- We will also be on guard for another cold front to show up by next weekend.
Have a sensational Sunday and take care.